Saturday, June 13, 2009

The things they say

Ethan was sitting at the kitchen table the other day having his lunch when I came in the door after retrieving the mail. While sorting through the letters I opened up one that was an invitation to a baby shower. As I began to read the content inside I really didn't realize I was reading it allowed.

Me: "The couple is registered at Target and...okay, okay. Oh, well this is nice. Hey Aaron..it says please bring a package of diapers for your chance to be entered into a drawing for a 50 dollar gift certificate."

Ethan: *Eyes as big as silver dollars*
"50 dollars! Wow, that's a lot of money! If you get that will you share it with me?"

Ethan is a very good kid, and made awesome grades this year so it really didn't take me but a minute to agree that I would share it with him...if we were chosen.

Ethan: *Smiles huge with that toothless smile of his*
"Great Mom! I sure hope you can draw good!!!"

You just gotta love the way kids comprehend things...

2 comments:

  1. Well I know this is from the invitation to our shower and that makes it even funnier to me lol. I will keep my fingers crossed that you and Ethan win the prize lol.

    ReplyDelete