Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Irony Of It All

When you are little and dream of having kids, you also dream of names. You have your perfect little first and middle names picked out while playing dress up and imagining the life you want. Then some idiot with the same perfect name you picked comes along and ruins it. Lets face it..if you have a name like Emma, and you met an Emma that you just cant stand, chances are you wont name your child that. Then you met your husband, and he has issues with names, and it ends up being this big drawn out process of agreeing on just one. Aaron and I liked Jayden. Then we met this little brat named Jayla and that got thrown out the window! There are some things you just don't want to be reminded of on a day to day basis.

I always loved the name Alexandria, and if you know me then you know that after meeting my high school sweetheart that name was just out of the question. No man that I was ever with would agree to that, and I wouldn't want to hear that name everyday anyways.

Ethan has adopted an outside animal..so of course its up to Ethan to decide what he wants to name it. We all agreed it was Ethan's choice! I'm wishing now that it had been a family decision..for I now have to hear the name Alex everyday..all day! Yes, my son decided to name his new friend Alex! Don't you just love kids??

1 comment:

  1. LOL reminds me of my niece Haley, saying she wished her name was April, my brother's ex before Wendy was named April lol. Kids come up with the craziest things. I laughed so hard when I read this post though.

    ReplyDelete