Thursday, May 14, 2009

Finding the time

I love to write!! I have loved it since I was a little girl. Why is it though that I can never find the time anymore? And when I do have the time nothing comes to me. I find this to be very frustrating!!! When I finally get ideas...my head restores itself to mommy mode and all I think about are my kids. I guess that's not a bad thing, but it is if your trying to make a career out of being a writer...and lets face it, not everyone wants to hear about your kids all the time. Well guess what?? I must share what my kids did this week.....

I love Mothers Day!! Ill admit it, I like to get pampered. I love it more that Ethan gets excited to give me things that he picked out. This year at school they made cakes and decorated them for the moms. The cake came from Publix which I love!! Ethan got off the bus last week skipping down the driveway, my cake in his hand, just so excited to give it to me.

Ethan: "Here you go mom! I made you a cake, can I have a piece?"
Me: "Oh Ethan, thank you so much! Its so pretty...did you decorate...um..Ethan?? Did you eat the frosting while you were making the cake?"
Ethan: "I couldn't help myself! It was really good. Happy Mothers Day!"


So I may have had a cake minus some frosting...but its the thought that counts! He did however go with Aaron to pick out a present for me this year, and on Mothers Day morning I was given a beautiful diamond heart necklace by a very proud 7 year old. He was so happy to give it to me...and luckily the diamonds were all there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment